Programme: Youth in Action - Youth democracy projects
Funded by: Spanish National Agency – Youth in Action Programme – Action 1.3: Youth Democracy.
Lead Organisation: Foundation INTRAS (Spain)
CJD Frechen, im Christlichen Jugenddorfwerk Deutschland e.V. (Germany)
Societá Cooperativa la Vela – ONLUS (Italy)
Consejo Local de la Juventud (Spain)
KAJUJA Koln e.V. (Germany)
Association Abibó (Italy)
With a divided Europe and the feeling that there is a two-speed European Union, too many voices are questioning whether adhesion was a good decision. The European Parliament elections, which will be held in May 2014, are the perfect opportunity for citizens to get a better understanding of democratic tools at a European level. Besides, they will have the chance to decide the future of the 28 Member States in the next five years. The project “THREE WORLDS, ONE EUROPE: Acquiring active citizenship skills in creative and international workshops”, led by INTRAS, will promote an active and informed citizenship among vulnerable young people.
- To promote an active and informed citizenship among vulnerable young people.
- To encourage the reflection on democracy and decision making for the forthcoming European elections.
- To improve dialogue and the teamwork.
- To strengthen the European citizenship.
- To promote values such as tolerance and solidarity among young people from different countries.
- Implementing six working sessions to understand the contemporary history about Spain, Italy and Germany.
- Organising some virtual visits to the European institutions.
- Producing documentaries on the citizens’ knowledge about the European elections.
- Creating a magazine called “New Youth Times” and an online platform, “WIKIcracia”, to exchange information.
- Organising three national meetings and one international in Frechen, Germany.