Programme: European Voluntary Service
Funded by: Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency, Youth in Action Programme
Duration: 2012 - 2013
Lead Organisation: INTRAS Foundation (Spain)
Centre for Learning, Education, Awareness and Revival (Irlanda)
CESIE - Centro Studi ed Iniziative Europeo (Italia)
Contact: Sara Marcos Ispierto (email@example.com)
COOL meets the objective of bringing the notion and values of Europe to young people throughout the voluntary experience, fostering collaboration, solidarity and tolerance and promoting social cohesion within the European Union. It comes with the purpose of promoting the fight against discrimination and social, educational and labour inclusion of young people with special needs and contributing to the exchange of experiences and ideas in the field of working with people with disabilities due to mental illness. At the same time, this project aims to contribute to the volunteers’ personal development as well as serving as a first encounter with the professional world.
• To develop solidarity and promote young people’s active citizenship in general and their European citizenship in particular.
• To contribute to the personal and professional development of the European volunteers and foster mutual understanding between cultures.
• To promote tolerance among young people, in order to foster cohesion and combat social exclusion within the field of mental illness.
• Reception of two volunteers from Italy and Ireland.
• Integration and support in the Vocational Training Program, aimed at young people with special educational needs, and in the memory workshops, designed for people with brain damage or/ and cognitive deterioration.
• Monitoring, planning and implementation of cultural and leisure activities.
• Support in validation tasks and tests adaptations of Gradior software, designed for cognitive rehabilitation.